Promoting Peace and Justice for Children and Families
The Washington Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts is an interdisciplinary, international association of professionals dedicated to improving the lives of children and families through the resolution of family conflict.
Washington AFCC promotes a solution-oriented approach to serving the needs of children among those who work in and with family law systems, encouraging education, research and innovation and identifying evidence-based practices.
We envision a justice system in which all professionals work collaboratively through education, support, and access to services to achieve the best possible outcome for children and families.
- Collaboration and respect among professions and disciplines
- Learning through inquiry, discussion and debate
- Innovation in addressing the needs of families and children in conflict
- Diversity in family structures and cultures
- Empowering families to resolve conflict and make decisions about their future